RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

2 posters

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

nymicroguy
    Mini-Z

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!  Empty SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

Post  nymicroguy Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Kind of funny.

Last nite Mike S stripped his tranny gears in his RTR sc10 and I was going to let him use my BN not run yet SC10 FT untill he told me something was wrong with it.... I discovered my son or I may have made the rear turnbuckle length too short binding the rear a-arms. After getting a chance to look at it today and reading the manual myself, It says set them at 71mm and realizing that 90mm is much better,,,,I let my fingers do a little walking...

Found probably 10 diffrent Forums stating that is was a typo on AE's part.. 91mm is the correct length per AE' R&D dept..

At least I am not going crazy and know that Connor follow directions correctly.

HAHA Thought I would share it with 518.
    nymicroguy
    Mini-Z

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!  Empty Re: SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

Post  nymicroguy Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Got it done. Adjusted the turnbuckles but low and behold I did have the A Arms upside down... So much for being a rc guru. LOL

also tore down and rebuilt XXX SC new Savox servo, threaded shocks and stock brushless setup.

orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!  Empty Re: SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

Post  orgnoi1 Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 am

nymicroguy wrote:Got it done. Adjusted the turnbuckles but low and behold I did have the A Arms upside down... So much for being a rc guru. LOL

also tore down and rebuilt XXX SC new Savox servo, threaded shocks and stock brushless setup.

One thing I have learned... is take nothing in the manuals for face value... nothing replaces using the proper gauges to set your dimensions...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:07 am