RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+4
drebies
Ledfinger
orgnoi1
Robs Extreme rc
8 posters

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles?

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles?

Post  Robs Extreme rc Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:35 pm

2 of my customers who recently purchased slashes have had problems with the titan motor picking up pebbles and breaking the motor. Havent heard of this before any one else had this problem?
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty Re: anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles?

Post  orgnoi1 Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:27 pm

we have gone though a bakers dozen of the 12Ts... none blew over pebbles... but a good measure is that they do a couple things... one carry a spare with them to run... and two spray down the motor with motor spray and then oil the bushings with a decent machine oil... its possible that the motors could have been saved if they pulled maintainence at the end of their day of running...
    Ledfinger
    Ledfinger
    Mini-Z

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty stock titan 12 turn motors

Post  Ledfinger Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:07 pm

:twisted: Sorry to say they are junk! I am a r/c tech for s-n-h watervliet and i've seen an heard it all! they are good on carpet and hard packed clay. Dirt dust,metal in dirt,stones and even the occasional hung brush! junk junk :!: Rolling Eyes
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty Re: anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles?

Post  drebies Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Ledfinger wrote::twisted: Sorry to say they are junk! I am a r/c tech for s-n-h watervliet and i've seen an heard it all! they are good on carpet and hard packed clay. Dirt dust,metal in dirt,stones and even the occasional hung brush! junk junk :!: Rolling Eyes

agreed
    RRazz4x4
    Mini-Z

Post  RRazz4x4 Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm

before i converted my slash to the brushless system i went through 3 of these motors and i agree they are junk.
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

TRASH! mGo Velineon Brushless!!!! It is the ONLY way to go!!!!1
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 pm

i just scooped up my slash 4x4...and the velenion is great...but i think the ballistic system or the gtb novak system will be dropped in mine.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

drebies wrote:i just scooped up my slash 4x4...and the velenion is great...but i think the ballistic system or the gtb novak system will be dropped in mine.

I hear the ballistic motor works well with the Velineon speed control. That is the combo I am putting in my Blitz.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:54 pm

RRazz4x4 wrote:before i converted my slash to the brushless system i went through 3 of these motors and i agree they are junk.

I am curious what upkeep and maintainence you did on the three motors you blew up? We have had motors last a full season as long as you maintain them...
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm

orgnoi1 wrote:
    RRazz4x4 wrote:before i converted my slash to the brushless system i went through 3 of these motors and i agree they are junk.

I am curious what upkeep and maintainence you did on the three motors you blew up? We have had motors last a full season as long as you maintain them...

in the case of my motors that went it happened to be a faulty esc allowing to much juice to the motor (debris wasnt the culprit)
    4 The Pink Racing
    4 The Pink Racing
    Micro-T

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty zsdgdfgdf

Post  4 The Pink Racing Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:58 pm

drebies wrote:i just scooped up my slash 4x4...and the velenion is great...but i think the ballistic system or the gtb novak system will be dropped in mine.

go tekin esc and a nice 13.5 your truck well fly more then teh Vsystem or the GTB ..
    make sure if you can do it get the tekin pro esc its unlmited turns the rs itself is just down to 5 turns .. they say 4 with a xtra cap on it ..

and ken the qutoes colr if you go with a grayish sliver color .... would be nice on the eyes then the blasting blue lol
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 am

4 The Pink Racing wrote:

go tekin esc and a nice 13.5 your truck well fly more then teh Vsystem or the GTB ..
    make sure if you can do it get the tekin pro esc its unlmited turns the rs itself is just down to 5 turns .. they say 4 with a xtra cap on it ..

and ken the qutoes colr if you go with a grayish sliver color .... would be nice on the eyes then the blasting blue lol

i second the change of color that bluish color hurts the eyes.

and i will be putting the havoc 3s esc paired with novak ballistic 13.5
    should be stupid fast....ive been looking into some tekin stuff...is that esc better than the havoc 3s i have...?
    4 The Pink Racing
    4 The Pink Racing
    Micro-T

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty sdfdfdfs

Post  4 The Pink Racing Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 am

yes its 100 times better ... i race them in EDMs and we all use them that or the mamba .. 100 times better ..

more power to the motor..

computer programable with updates n free updates
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 am

there is always something better....heh
    4 The Pink Racing
    4 The Pink Racing
    Micro-T

anyone else having issues with traxxas slash motors picking up pebbles? Empty agdfgsdf

Post  4 The Pink Racing Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:14 pm

goto comp hobby monday nite and ask what ESC they all run .. and what they think about the others.. all iam sayin .. enough
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 pm

4 The Pink Racing wrote:goto comp hobby monday nite and ask what ESC they all run .. and what they think about the others.. all iam sayin .. enough

why...i dont race...dont you think my setup is good enough power source for bashing...or will the difference be so substantial that i will never go back to any esc but tekin...im sorry i should of said i was not a racer to begin with.
    dirty petcock
    dirty petcock
    Mini-T

Post  dirty petcock Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:31 pm

is this post about a brushed motor getting dirt and rocks in it?? Duh it's common sense.. drive in dirt and rocks = things get dirty Suspect

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 pm