RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

4 posters

interest in a more northern touring car night???

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

interest in a more northern touring car night??? Empty interest in a more northern touring car night???

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

just wondering if there are any guys interested in running up this way
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

interest in a more northern touring car night??? Empty Re: interest in a more northern touring car night???

Post  brettweir78 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 pm

YES!!!!
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

interest in a more northern touring car night??? Empty Re: interest in a more northern touring car night???

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 pm

we are looking at either mon or tues night whats your feeling
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Friday night works better for the 4 guys in my class
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:19 am

Tues is best for me
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Well it turns out that 2 of the 4 guys currently in our Vintage Trans Am pan car class may not be able to make it on Friday night after all. Bummer! Weeknights are very difficult, even Friday's.

Rob, maybe you could talk to Ken Taylor at Racing City about incorporating your touring car group and our group into the Saturday night racing program. From what I've seen his Saturday night oval group has shrunk drastically to only a few, and maybe we could run our roadcourse the same night. Maybe let the oval guys run their heats first, then they take a break and we set up the roadcourse(should only take about 5 minutes if that) we run our heats, take a break and reset the oval for the next round, and so on. It's been done before in the past. I would think it would be more cost and time effective to have for Ken Taylor to have everyone race on the same night. We would probably all get done no later than 10:00pm or maybe earlier. They start their first heats at 6:00pm.

Let us know what you think.

Dave Hope
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Sat night would work for me. Let us know what works out. Sure would be nice to have some local racing.
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Post  RCH Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:48 pm

We would be happy to add road course classes to our Saturday night program, as long as the road course competitors will set up & take down the layout. We have lots of road rails and road domes to set up a road course with. Plenty of pit benches and chairs with AC power and AMB Pro scoring. Racing starts at 6pm. Open at 10am. Come in as early as you like to practice. Sign up by 5 to race. We'll run any class as long as there are at least 3 entries.

Running on a week night is also a possibility if enough people can agree on a day. Monday, Tuesday or Friday would be best.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:54 pm

So who is going Sat???????
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Our Vintage Trans Am group will be ready to race on the first Saturday in November.

November 6

We will be glad to help set up and take down the roadcourse
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:50 am

I hope to see you all there. I will be there this week for some late model fun. Rob I will try to see you Fri when I come thru FE.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 pm