RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

pro-line 1.9 flat iron tires+ axial bead lock 12mm hex rims

Black
    Black
    Mini-Z

pro-line 1.9 flat iron tires+ axial bead lock 12mm hex rims Empty pro-line 1.9 flat iron tires+ axial bead lock 12mm hex rims

Post  Black Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 am

let me star this review by stating the Flat Irons are being compared to the stock Tamiya tires which are akin to the hard plastic tires on the Tonka truck I had when I was 3. So there was really no place to go but up. They are very very soft, I have not tried them on pavement and never will. I feel they will wear away in one days use on pavement. On dirt they are awesome. Mud, no problem. Rocks, they are only good. Being so soft I expected they would grip the stone better. The only thing I can say in their defense is that most of the stone was slate. So it was very smooth.
    I still love the tires even with the clearance problems with my jeep body and the lack luster stone performance.

The axial bead locks look great with the Flat Irons and the only bad thing I can say about them is that the 12mm hex is a little loose. There is a little bit of slop in how they fit. It's almost like they are 12.5mm. Still there are worth the money and very easy to use. i have never tried bead lock rims before and I had no trouble getting the tires on.

now here is a pic of the tires and rims

pro-line 1.9 flat iron tires+ axial bead lock 12mm hex rims 101_1011

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:00 pm