RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

3 posters

it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help

drebies
    drebies
    Slash

it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help Empty it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help

Post  drebies Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:39 pm

i am in charge of the design,and fabrication of a competition level rock crawler couse....in a lhs.
    i have decided to use the lumber , burlap sack,chicken wire,stucco method...with some real rocks and trees mixed in.
    some of my rough ideas so far are a suspension bridge,waterfall hazard...there might even be a misty mountain top...haha what a dork,but this course will be awesome.
    it will be mainly build to accommodate 2.2...or 1/10scale crawlers.
    but will have sub sections for the 1/18 and micro scale crawlers as well....im trying to throw in a trail for scale stuff as well....but the main focus is 2.2
    i am also trying to fabricate it so it can be moved around to change the layout...keep it interesting.

this will be a large course...i have no doubt in my mind i could make a decent course myself...but i need some help i want to make this course good for competing so anyone with experience please shoot me an email...after all this is not my track i want everyone to enjoy.

any ideas...donations(scrap wood,burlap,chicken wire...ect)please shoot me an email.
    and i do need some help building this course..so i need one other person to help build...must have tools...must be into rock crawling....must be trust worthy.

i am so sick of whining and bitching about how much better a hobby shop can be...whine whine whine....but now i am taking initiative to make this hobby shop better for everyone....

i need input.

brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help Empty Re: it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help

Post  brettweir78 Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Dre count me in. I live in hudson falls so I am close by. I will swing by the shop soon and try to work out some ideas with you. This sounds like a great plan. I hope it is one of our "local" shops. send me a pm if you want to set some thing up. Brett
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help Empty Re: it is on....indoor rock crawler course.....need help

Post  drebies Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:07 pm

i had two guys get ahold and say they are down to help...i have called you to try and meet up to discuss the track.
    i will try again on wnsday or thursday.
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:16 pm

please anyone with any scrap wood or any elements you think will help the building of the track please bring donations to racing city hobbies(south glens falls,ny)...make sure to leave your name and email address so you can get recognition for helping.
    were just gonna have to make racing city a fun place ourselves.
    so this is a quick list of what we are looking for.
    2x4 4x4 pieces of wood.....plywood....i guess just wood in general.
    rocks..ofcourse....or please email me with a location so we can go pick em up ourselves.
    burlap sacks....chicken wire....stucco,or bags of cement....sand)bring it in 5 gallon pails if need be.
    nice pieces of trees or branches...add to the realism and for the construction of the rope bridge.
    anything dropped off please make sure it is not infested with bugs or whatever,i understand that most of this stuff will be taken from outside please give it a once over.
    the section for the course is absolutely huge...this will be a crazy big track.
    and ken has been around for almost 20 years i have no problem helping him draw in some new people even if it is just to rip the course.
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:11 pm

come on guys....i need help
    please drop off donations at racing city hobbies....
    i would like to have this course ready by mid fall.
    either get ahold of me....or racing city hobbies which has a thread of there own now.
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Post  RCH Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Construction has begun on the indoor rock crawling course at Racing City Hobbies in South Glens Falls. Watch the Racing City Hobbies thread for updates!
    http://www.rc518.org/rch-raceway-f27/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 pm