RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

4 posters

Ideas for an indoor offroad track

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Ideas for an indoor offroad track Empty Ideas for an indoor offroad track

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:53 am

I am looking for ideas and layout for an offroad course. I want to have a dedicated space for indoor offroad. You know someplace to race any time. I have been thinking about opening a track for people to bash or race on all summer and winter. Just trying to get some idas on layout, number of jumps, a whoop section. Trying to make a place a parent would bring their children during the day this summer. I am also mulling the idea of having rentals for those on the fence about getting an rc. Let me know.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Ideas for an indoor offroad track Empty Re: Ideas for an indoor offroad track

Post  orgnoi1 Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 am

Dirt or carpet? Depending on how the season goes let me know where this goes and we can maybe work out a small "fee" for me to bring the bobcat and tamper up for usage (I will run the skid)... its not huge but fits in small spaces...

I love the rental idea... for the same reason we kept a "guest truck" for our first couple years we have run the track... someones "friend" shows up they can get a feel for the hobby... the only thing I found was that a couple people abused it and when we had a couple brushed motors die they were "expectant" of me fixing it for them to run...
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 am

Carpet for now. I plan on buying the building after a year then most likely dirt. Dont think they would let me put a ton of dirt in their building. LOL
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:07 am

Hey Rob you should talk to the building owner about the dirt you wouldn't need as much dirt as a lot of people think and it would make for a much better racing experience,off road vehicles on rugs aren't close to the fun as on dirt,either way you go I'll be there.
    rtourge
    rtourge
    Micro-T

Post  rtourge Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Another option for the short term would be using carpet and wooden jumps but covering them with clay or something similar. From working in clay I know it doesn't clean out of carpet or anything very well. "Soak" the carpets in clay and well not being the real thing, it will be fun.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm