RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

5 posters

2wd short course racing at rch

axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

2wd short course racing at rch Empty 2wd short course racing at rch

Post  axialcrawler Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 pm

anybody want to race 1/10 shortcourse trucks at rch this saturday oval or road course open to any shortcourse truck as long as the electronics are not to crazy
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

2wd short course racing at rch Empty rules for short course racing

Post  axialcrawler Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm

let me know what you guys think of these as rules to keep every thing fair and fun and cheap.
    1.any 1/10 short course truck chassis(no conversion kits homemade or bought except the proline protrack kits for slash)
    2.any 1/10 scale shortcourse kit tire(no 1/8 scale wheel conversions)
    3.any 1/10 scale shortcourse kit eletronics(esc servo reciver motor)
    4.must have kit shocks may change springs and shock oil(shocks must remain in kit mounting locations no drilling extra mounting holes)
    5.must use shortcourse truck body
    6.any 6 cell 7 cell nimh/nicd or 2 cell lipo with 40c max
    7.no locking of difs may change diff fluid though and seal difs on non sealed difs
    8.may limit shocks(let me know what you guys think for minimum ride hight if alowed at all maybe rear only)
    9.any durability upgrades allowed(rpm bumpers arms gear covers chassis plates)
    10.must keep all bumpers nerf bars and mud flaps

i tried to base these rules around the idea that any body could take any short course truck and win and have to spend little to no money and have fun. I was also thinking maybe swaping from oval to road course every other week to keep things intresting. just let me know what you guys think any changes are welcome
    rtourge
    rtourge
    Micro-T

2wd short course racing at rch Empty Re: 2wd short course racing at rch

Post  rtourge Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 am

How much does Ken charge to use the track for practice on non-race days and how much is to get in on race days? Thanks!
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:06 pm

on non race days 5 dollors for 2 hours 10 dollers for whole day and i think he has a 30 doller deal for a month pass and racing is i think 12 for first class and 6 for second
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:30 pm

if we are allowed would you guys be intrested in putiing the jumps on the track this saturday for our class
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 pm

axialcrawler wrote:
    1.any 1/10 short course truck chassis(no conversion kits homemade or bought except the proline protrack kits for slash)
    2.any 1/10 scale shortcourse kit tire(no 1/8 scale wheel conversions)
    3.any 1/10 scale shortcourse kit eletronics(esc servo reciver motor)
    4.must have kit shocks may change springs and shock oil(shocks must remain in kit mounting locations no drilling extra mounting holes)
    5.must use shortcourse truck body
    6.any 6 cell 7 cell nimh/nicd or 2 cell lipo with 40c max
    7.no locking of difs may change diff fluid though and seal difs on non sealed difs
    8.may limit shocks(let me know what you guys think for minimum ride hight if alowed at all maybe rear only)
    9.any durability upgrades allowed(rpm bumpers arms gear covers chassis plates)
    10.must keep all bumpers nerf bars and mud flaps

I wouldnt probably be racing indoors... but heres my speculation on these...

1: if you are going to ban "kits" then ALL kits should be banned or its consider preferential treatment towards someone who has an expensive Pro-Trac kit but then you cant use a STRC conversion? They both do the same thing... it should either be bone stock... or mods are allowed...

3: Shouldnt have the receiver listed as something that must remain stock... just doesnt work that way... plus you will go through hell with the lack of frequencies if you dont allow DSM

7: No locking of diffs should be enough... you can basically run whatever type of diff fluid you want as long as it keeps "stock functionality"

8: You definately would NOT want to just limit front or rear... and since this isnt a $ upgrade it should just be allowed... it falls under using stock shocks...

10: It shouldnt matter if mudflaps are on a truck or not... I realize it adds realism... but most used trucks you buy the flaps have been torn off...and you shouldnt have to buy new ones to complete...

My opinions are just food for thought... use some or all... or none of what I mentioned...
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am

what i ment by no kits was in refrence to the strc kit which takes a rustler chassis and bolts a slash front and rear end to the rustler chassis in return giving it better handling but to do that you will have to have a rustler and a slash and the strc kit and the reson i would allow the protrac kit is becouse it would make the slash handle as good as the other short course trucks that runs whith us and it retails for around 60$ and the updated rules are under the rch section
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

2wd short course racing at rch Empty oval racing this weekend

Post  axialcrawler Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:31 am

are the trucks running the oval track this week end we ran road course last week it is supposed to rotate every week right we can put the jumps up that will be fun
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 pm

The whole idea behind the SCT's is to offer an affordable way to race with a RTR kit and allow no mods so that everyone has the same thing.Also you can take them from track and go bashing with them and not have to change suspension mods.When you get into modifying shock heights and changing springs then you are opening the door for other mods and then before you know it you have a truck that is nothing like the original truck.As for kits for the Slash unless you already have one then it's cheaper to by a RTR SCT.The Slash should be in a class of it's own as it is nothing like the SC10 or the XXX SCT and not near as competitive.Box Stock should remain just that Box Stock you should have fun just racing and not have to spend a lot of money with mods and hopups.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

axialcrawler wrote:what i ment by no kits was in refrence to the strc kit which takes a rustler chassis and bolts a slash front and rear end to the rustler chassis in return giving it better handling but to do that you will have to have a rustler and a slash and the strc kit and the reson i would allow the protrac kit is becouse it would make the slash handle as good as the other short course trucks that runs whith us and it retails for around 60$ and the updated rules are under the rch section

If you bought what you need for a STRC kit it would cost you $79 retail... and does the same thing that the pro-trac kit does... like I said... either you should allow kits... or not... I agree the Slash does need help to be competitive... to a certain extent... but also it requires the ability to drive ANY of the trucks to be competitive and the knowledge on how to set up a truck in general... but hey like I said... its your show... and I dont plan on racing a SCT on carpet... LOL... but I think in all fairness if you allow kits at all it shouldnt be just one... that in itself goes against all fairness of leveling the playing field...
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I agree. I think we should keep them stock. I was able to run at the front of the pack with my slash. It really comes down to how you drive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm