RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+4
xkillacutzx
Tuggs71
BallisticBeach
DaveESPI
8 posters

Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules?

DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules? Empty Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules?

Post  DaveESPI Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:14 pm

OK so this is the discussion of rules...

Tonight a few of us were talking about onroad cars and bodies.

We have all decided to do street style, and want to do a "shop colors" crew ride.

Here is what it is as duscussed so far:

ANY BODY to fit an on-road touring car or pan-car chassis.
    Closed wheel.
    190mm - 200mm of any choice.

Any additional graphics, and style of scheme with paints are OK provided it hasthe following:

REQUIRED COLORS: 1: Competition Orange 2: Sprint White 3: Outlaw Black
    REQUIRED DECAL: Science And Hobby Shop 3 inch Logo (come to store for one)

You can use other colors, and rims or anything you want.

We all will have a group ride session in a local tennis court for some drifting and pylon racing in July !

Preliminary requirements, we need to decide any other details.

GEORGE (and a special mystery guest) WILL BE THE JUDGE on the date set and the boddies will be on display with pictures and such on the Facebook page as of July 15th.

ok,
    DISCUSS !
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules? Empty Re: Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules?

Post  BallisticBeach Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Whos gonna be the "Mystery Guest"???? and when is the deadline.. I am painting mine tonight, and I dont know how long I can hold out without showing it off....
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules? Empty Re: Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules?

Post  BallisticBeach Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 pm

BallisticBeach wrote:Whos gonna be the "Mystery Guest"???? and when is the deadline.. I am painting mine tonight, and I dont know how long I can hold out without showing it off....

I think we should have a due date of 06/30, that almost 2 weeks... plenty of time.
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Post  DaveESPI Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:32 pm

We need time to get a lot of people in on this :)

Might have to see who all else would be interested in it. I'm posting a sign in the SCI-HO store about it tomorrow and wqill order extra paint in those colors.

Gotta get another company to make more SCI-HO stickers too... # really low on logos.
    Tuggs71
    Tuggs71
    Mini-Z

Post  Tuggs71 Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:04 am

I'm doing it as soon as I get a drift car and stuff got a sick body in mind. :cheers:
    xkillacutzx
    xkillacutzx
    Mini-Z

Post  xkillacutzx Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 pm

what do you win?
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

Winner gets your Vorza Flux.... LOL

Probably a gift cert to Sci-Ho...
    xkillacutzx
    xkillacutzx
    Mini-Z

Post  xkillacutzx Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 am

Lol...I'm almost ready to give it away.
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Post  DaveESPI Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm

The winner will get a "magical mystery drift package" courtesy of Sci-Ho and of course the most important prize....

bragging rights. affraid king
    ZZ top
    Mini-Z

Post  ZZ top Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:38 pm

does anyone kno if the dome is open still on the weekends where they used to fly helis.. that place would be EPIC!!!! for drifting its got super smooth floors and tons of space....just an idea
    xkillacutzx
    xkillacutzx
    Mini-Z

Post  xkillacutzx Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 pm

When is the deadline.
    dirty petcock
    dirty petcock
    Mini-T

Post  dirty petcock Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:42 pm

can someone please point me in a direction of a place that has a large selection of bodies. I have been looking around online and have not found that much
    Enigma
    Enigma
    Admin

Post  Enigma Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 pm

HPI has a good selection. I have a poster with all their bodies. If you are gonna be at sams club tonight, I have it with me but I don't get out till midnight. I will head down if you guys will be there. Pray I don't get stuck for overtime, lol.
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:39 pm

dirty petcock wrote:can someone please point me in a direction of a place that has a large selection of bodies. I have been looking around online and have not found that much

Is this Jeremy Baye???? Its Josh Beach... Whats Up Dawg???

HPI has all the Hot Bodies!!! just go to google, and type in 1/10 scale rc body
    dirty petcock
    dirty petcock
    Mini-T

Post  dirty petcock Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah man, Jeremy Baye haha, Anyway I won't be out that late I have a car show in the morning but i'm sure i will meet up with you soon
    Juneholla24
    Juneholla24
    Micro-T

Post  Juneholla24 Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:57 pm

A Jeremy listen tha site we was on earlier Ken give us got alot of
    parts u could check out. Don't know what model ur car is but when
    u get time check it out again, & they have some sick ass bodys on
    there 2 ,but just like "Yokomo" expensive as shit... Goodluck bro
    fining some parts 4 ur car...

JuneHolla24
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Watervliet Sci-Ho Drift Body Paint Challenge ! DISCUSSION- rules? Empty PLEASE POST PICS IN USERS RIDES FORUM

Post  DaveESPI Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am

http://www.rc518.org/members-vehicles-f16/sci-ho-drift-touring-paint-contest-entry-teaser-thread-t181.htm#769

If you want to post a teaser pic of your car, you can do such
    HERE.

http://www.rc518.org/members-vehicles-f16/sci-ho-drift-touring-paint-contest-entry-teaser-thread-t181.htm#769

On July 15th we will have the OFFICIAL voting by two judges and will announce the winner @ the road rally.

ALL DRIVERS MUST MEET AT WATERVLIET SCIENCE AND HOBBY WITH YOUR ENTRY BODY

BETWEEN 6:00 AND 8:00 PM.

Judging will be 8pm SHARP! Photo shoot and races/ running session on the course will commence after it in the Latham Sams Club Parking lot Location
    More info to come soon.....

We will also do a "Members choice award" for the body that we ALL think is the best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 am