RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+3
Harleyrider
bigleobets
Robs Extreme rc
7 posters

WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!!

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!! Empty WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!!

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 pm

JUST GOT MY FIRST GAMBLERS IN...

1) MOR DRIVE SYSTEM MOVES MOTOR INBOARD OR BEHIND REAR AXLE

2) BEADLOX WHEELS NO MORE GLUE WHEN CHANGING TIRES FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS

3) ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS WITH ALUMINUM CAPS (TOP AND BOTTOM)AND ADJUSTMENT SPINNERS

4) STEEL CVDS WITH CAPTURED PINS

5) READY TO RUN MEANS READY TO RUN ((ALL BATTERIES INCLUDED))!!!!!!!!

6) WATERPROOF ELECTRONICS WITH 2.4GHZ 3CHANNEL RADIO SYSTEM

7) SWEET LOOKS

8) MOST OF ALL THE PRICE $200.00 WHILE IT LASTS!!!!!!

TAKE THE GAMBLE I DID.

ORDER YOURS TODAY
    bigleobets
    Mini-Z

WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!! Empty Re: WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!!

Post  bigleobets Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Have you had a chance to bash it yet? I'm excited tell us more!!!
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!! Empty Re: WHY GAMBLE ON THE NEW VENOM GAMBLER? HERES WHY!!!!!

Post  Harleyrider Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Nice looking truck,would like to see how it stands up to a good bashing.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 am

I have 1 left and the first three will be bashed saturday night at the Races. After looking these trucks over with several customers I cant yet see a down side to a $200 SC Truck with this many factory goodies.
    TCracer

Post  TCracer Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I have watched these trucks race at Racing City the last few weeks, and although they may not be a bad overall value, from a racer's standpoint they don't hold up well to other brands. They don't seem to corner well, they have a lot of body roll, and the motor in front of the shock tower makes it so they consistently land nose down off the jumps. There also appears to be numerous durability issues. The guys running the Associated trucks seem to handle the jumps the best, and durability issues with the Associated and Traxxas trucks seem to be very rare.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm

At least 2 of these will be ran in the rear motor configuration this saturday. Bear in mind that none of the three of us has ran these type truck until 2 weeks ago. so we are still working on setup as for durability other than a recalled rear diff on 2 of the trucks we havent broken anything.
    WheelMan
    WheelMan

Post  WheelMan Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Robs Extreme rc wrote:At least 2 of these will be ran in the rear motor configuration this saturday. Bear in mind that none of the three of us has ran these type truck until 2 weeks ago. so we are still working on setup as for durability other than a recalled rear diff on 2 of the trucks we havent broken anything.
    I don't really think that it is a set up issue as much as it is a quality issue. The shocks do not appear to be of a racing grade shock. The way they go around the track it looks like an air filled shock with a spring. Maybe the shocks are in need of an overhaul? They also appear to have a very bad on speed push as well. As far as set-up goes I don't think with the base venom truck they will improve much, if at all. To compare, a box stock brushed RTR SC10 has won 2 of the last 4 races out of the box with no changes. If you do need set up help there are a few around RCH that can help you out. It is just tough for a consumer to believe in a race truck that fails to finish races or even perform close to other vehicles in its class. To compare this vehicle to a proven truck is like the commercial comparing a Suzuki Kizashi to a Mercedes Benz, sure they both look great, but what's under the body and overall performance is what really matters. I believe the old saying "You get what you pay for." can be applied here.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 pm

I am running the XXX-sct. Out of the box this truck handles like a brick in the turns. However it jumps like crazy. I know others that have been able to get this truck to handle with the right setup. I think each truck will need a little something different to make it to the podium. The durability will shake its self out. They will either build a quality truck or warrenty a ton of parts or nobody will buy them.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I admit I expected more from this truck right out of the box. Reading the prerelease reviews and the 3 wins and three podiums out of the six races it was entered in. I was told by the sales rep at venom these were on dirt where the truck is able to be driven like it was made to. As for durability I can nott complain yet. Venom has stood behind this truck from the day I purchased it. The idler gear in 2 of the three trucks racing were made of subpar plastic and the replacements were sent out by the time I hung up the phone. The shocks have 30 weight oil stock with three hole pistons. Not optimal for carpet. Yes I am sure there will be growing pains with a brand new truck. I am sure Venom will be there throughout the process ;if not they will lose my support.
    rtourge
    rtourge
    Micro-T

Post  rtourge Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

All the trucks need some kind of tuning to be competitive. The SC10's seems the best out of the box. I know I've spent lots of time with my Slash getting it to handle right and not sound like it's dragging a bag of cans behind it. My XXX-SCT is my next project and both Brett and Jake have shown that truck can be made to run very well on the carpet.

Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 pm

The big thing everyone is not seeing is these trucks as well as the other trucks being raced is that they were all designed to be run on dirt offroad tracks.The night I ran at RCH I saw people that have run all season doing well but others along with myself that didn't have near the track time not doing as well,I don't think the truck we were running was the problem.I have a Slash an XXX SCT and didn't have any luck with either one and I'm sure the brand of truck had nothing to do with it.I'm going to wait to see how well they do in real racing in the dirt,you can't tell much about them playing with them on the rug.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 pm

the second run of Gamblers will be coming in May. I spoke with My sales rep at venom Today and he assured me the few issues we had with the first Gambler have been resolved. The Tranny will now have metal gears. They redid the esc's waterproofing. and gave it stronger front and rear a arms. You really have to see one of these go on dirt to see its true make up.
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I agree with Rob you can't judge a dirt truck by the way it runs on a rug lets see how it works on dirt the way it was intended to run.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 am