RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+2
xanthra
Harleyrider
6 posters

Future of racing in area

Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Future of racing in area Empty Future of racing in area

Post  Harleyrider Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Just wondering what people think about the future of racing in the area,it seems to me that with the SCT market and all the interest in it will the local race tracks go with the trend and add some offroad dirt tracks.I have been in the hobby with my son for most of 20 years and now introducing my Grandchildren to it and it seems that carpet oval is on the dying side of dead or dying again.I know the economy plays a big part in racing but it seems that people are buying or interested in buying SCT's and to get the full fun effect from them they need to be raced on dirt offroad not carpet.I know of more than a dozen people with these trucks and more that want them and also people with the touring cars can convert them very easy to a rally car and run them offroad and they are also a lot of fun.I know carpet is cleaner so if you don't like getting dirty then I understand that you don't want to play in the sand box.To all of you interested in offroad racing chime in here and lets see how big the interest is.
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

Future of racing in area Empty Yes!

Post  xanthra Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Love to play with my slash in the dirt : )
    I guess I'm more of a basher, but any chance to run SCT's will be fun.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Future of racing in area Empty Re: Future of racing in area

Post  brettweir78 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:13 am

I agree with the need for an offroad track. I don't think we will see anything till the weather changes a bit. SnH has an outdoor track. If there is enough interest we could try to set up racing there.
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 am

There is a place across the bridge in Hudson Falls when the weather gets better,maybe someone will set up something inside for next winter,it's a long way to travle to Barnstormers but gotta do what ya gotta do.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm

None of the shops have the room outdoor to set up much for outdoor racing... SNH has a track now but you can barely run 1/10 SCTs on it and if you are running brushless mod class its pretty small... there ARE a handful of tracks around... mainly private though... the thing I run into with mine is that honestly I am not comfortable with having a public run day... we have been lucky to have a great bunch of guys run and help out but it only takes one to spoil all of the great times we have had... and I have had to feel out people on a one by one basis... and HAVE turned people away because of it...
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:20 pm

I think we could really use an indoor offroad track.I know a lot of people in the area are stuck on carpet oval and putting your radio on auto pilot but I know a lot of people wanting to run offroad.If they buid it they will come.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

dont give up hope yet we are still looking for the right location. we are trying to find a place we can have both indoor dirt and carpet. We will keep you posted
    toyomotoman
    toyomotoman

Post  toyomotoman Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Look no further fellow racers. Soon to be known nation-wide as one of the best indoor off-road/on-road racing facilities on the East Coast R/C Kinetics Raceway & Hobbies is in the final stages of construction. Our C/O will soon be issued and we will be OPEN FOR BUSINESS hosting weekly indoor asphalt road course and oval and also indoor clay-dirt off-road. Short Course racers re-joice LOL This is what everyones been waiting for!!! Like us on facebook and go visit www.rckinetics.com for more info....

Alex

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 pm