RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

4 posters

VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules

Enforcerman
    RedCat

VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules Empty VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules

Post  Enforcerman Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 am

For those who are interested in the Vintage Trans Am pan car class here are the rules:

1. Any 1/10 scale direct drive pan car chassis

2. HPI VINTAGE TRANS AM BODIES ONLY, such as would have been produced and raced during the 1960's to 1970. This would include the Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and Barracudas of that era. As HPI adds more bodies in the future that are of that type they will be added upon approval.

3. 1 cell lipo with a max of 50C

4. 17.5 brushless motors with speed controls set to "spec" mode only. These will be teched at the track if anyone is suspected of doing otherwise. Each manufacturer has a way of setting the esc to "spec" mode. For those who still have the "brushed" Venom 21T motor per the previous rules; you may continue to run that motor till you get a brushless system. Be aware though that you will likely be at a disadvantage power wise. No other brushed motors allowed. If you still have a brushed motor please upgrade to the 17.5 brushless as soon as possible so we are ALL running under the same motor rule.

5. The tire for this class shall be the BSR WGT with the purple stripe. This comes in a purple compound only, front and rear. The part numbers are: F1034GT rears and F1033GT fronts. If you still have the Jaco WGT lilac tires and the BSR Spec yellow stripe tires, you may continue to use them till they wear out and then replace them with the BSR WGT tires.

6. Minimum weight limit 35 oz.

7. As per the national Vintage Trans Am rules, bodies must be painted and decaled in a manner that would be consistent with Trans Am racers of that era. That means no neon paint jobs, no flames or skulls or anything that would look out of place on a Trans Am car.

As president and founder of this class I reserve the right to determine these regulations. This class is all about fun, scale appearance spec racing that is simple and affordable for all. Anyone who willingly violates the spirit of this class will be asked to change or risk being expelled from the class. If anyone has a question concerning whether or not something is legal, either post it here or see me at the track. Don't assume.

If anyone wants to make any changes to the specifications of the class, please feel free to approach me or other members, and we will bring it up for discussion and vote. Thank you.

Last edited by Enforcerman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules Empty Re: VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules

Post  Robs Extreme rc Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

bsr greens with yellow stripe are being discontinued, give me a call for other options like the world gt spec tire
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules Empty Re: VINTAGE TRANS AM pan car class rules

Post  xanthra Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:49 pm

You do mean a 2 S LiPo, right? 4.2 volts isn't going to move something that weighs more than 2 lbs well, if at all : (

Enforcerman wrote:
    3. 1 cell lipo with a max of 50C
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 am

No, the rules are correct. The trans am cars move just fine. I actually turned one more lap with my brushed trans am car than I did with my brushed touring car last week. I had 41 laps with the touring car and 42 with the trans am. Check these cars out, they are a blast to race.
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Rob, what compounds does the World GT Spec tire come in? I wasn't aware that BSR discontinued the green compound.

Very unhappy with Jaco, as I have emailed them several times to ask them the status of their WGT spec tire in the Lilac compound on the carbon inprint wheels, and they have never bothered to respond. As a result, they won't be getting anymore of my business.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 am

the compound is purple front and rear on black wheel fronts are $21 rears are $24
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I just updated/edited the tire rule for the Vintage Trans Am class. Anyone who is interested please read the tire rule for this class that I have posted.

BSR WGT tires. Part numbers: F1034GT rears and F1033GT fronts. The only compound available is purple.

You may continue to use the Jaco WGT lilac tires and the BSR yellow stripe Spec tires till they wear out; after which you must replace them with the BSR WGT purple stripe tires/wheels described above.

The reason for this change is that Jaco has discontinued the WGT lilac and BSR has done the same with the yellow stripe Spec tires.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:09 pm