RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+3
xanthra
nitebane21
disruptor10
7 posters

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ

disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

Location : TC4,RCR18R, Losi JRXS-R ,vendetta, losi late model, slash platinum 4x4

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ

Post  disruptor10 Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:49 am

I know the weather has been great outside and track attendance has been down , does anyone have any ideas to get more people to the track ? is there any problem ? Track traction is at its best right now , very fast . Is colin a problem bugging everyone ? just curious guys i love this hobby and have a great time racing with all of u win loose or draw.............big D
    nitebane21
    nitebane21
    Micro-T

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty Re: TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ

Post  nitebane21 Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:56 pm

I think there are a couple things, and these are just my opinions based on going to 3 nights of racing so far this season (2 Wed and a Tue) and only at the 1/18th level.

1. Too many race nights. You can't get great fields when the people are split across 3 nights. Wed nights run too long for me, but it seems that the mini guys need to chose between Tue or Wed and they go Wed because thats where everyone is at.

2. No prizes. I understand that $7/night barely covers expenses, but some kind of season points to encourage people to come every week would help. I'm awful, but if coming every week meant I might be able to add up enough points to get some sort of something, it'd take the sting out of getting pwned every time.

3. Late starts and slow nights. It's hard herding cats, I know, but if the start time is 6:30 and racing doesn't often start until 8, just make the start time 8 and be firm. Register at 7, race at 8 or something. Especially on Wed with the larger fields and multiple classes, having it set up so the "on-deck" people can have transponders in their cars and be ready to drop their cars down as soon as the current heat finishes would probably drop an hour or more off the night.

I've stopped going for now because when I went on a Tue, there were I think 3 others there with highly modified cars. Again, I suck but even in the hands of the best driver, stock motor/batteries can't compete against lipos/brushless. I didn't really see the point to paying $7 and tooling around the track in last, trying to stay out of other's way. Weds was better in terms of competition, but with fields of around 20 and 2 classes and lots of dilly-dallying... I just don't have that kind of time on a weekday night.

So, just my $0.02, I'm sure others with more experience will chime in but I figured as a newcomer my opinions might differ from the other more hardcore guys.
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty Re: TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ

Post  xanthra Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Maybe we should do 18th scale and 10th scale on different nights?
    It seems like it's hard for the guys who race both to get their cars ready and marshall.
    KyleC
    KyleC
    Micro-T

Post  KyleC Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

i'm running now on tue. with the 18th scale and am getting lonely. few things that have worked for the cdrc. strick start time i say 715 or 730. next would be move the show along, there should be no more then 3 min. max in between races, then take a 15-20 min brake in between rounds if there are only 6-8 races a round. as far as the points thing if u have someone who will take the time to do the points grate but i know i have seen alot of people at this level that dont care and r just looking for a good time, but chasing points can always make for some better racing. i will gladly help get numbers up an organzie the racing in any way i can just let me know how i can help.

-Kyle
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:02 am

I agree that late starts and too much time wasted will keep my attendence down. If people are ready when there heat starts, great if not well you will have to sit it out. I think if you seperated 1/18 and 1/10 scale it might help. But there is no reason why you can't run 4 classes and still finish at a decent hour. The guys that are never ready (and you know who you are) will learn to be ready when they are standing on the side watching their heat run with out them. Maybe part of the problem is some people trying to run in too many classes. That's the way I see it.
    nitebane21
    nitebane21
    Micro-T

Post  nitebane21 Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

xanthra wrote:Maybe we should do 18th scale and 10th scale on different nights?
    It seems like it's hard for the guys who race both to get their cars ready and marshall.

I think that was the idea originally as Tues is listed as 1/18th only. Putting the foot down on Wed to be 1/10th only might be what's needed, but at the same time you could see a big drop as people only want to come 1 night and so they just pick one. Certainly a tough call. Other thing might be to run 1 size 1st and then run the 2nd so people who only race 1 size car aren't hanging around quite as much.

For me, being able to put my transponder in before my race would definitely help. Getting it from the previous person, finding tape, using a combination of voodoo and pliers to get the thing in my receiver and popping the body on is like a 5min process. It's mostly due to my receiver, but still I much prefer being ready to go ahead of time than rushing.

As far as points go, I don't know if the system they use keeps track of laps per individual, but that'd be the easiest way to do it. 1 point per lap, add them up at the end.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:46 pm

nitebane21 wrote:For me, being able to put my transponder in before my race would definitely help. Getting it from the previous person, finding tape, using a combination of voodoo and pliers to get the thing in my receiver and popping the body on is like a 5min process. It's mostly due to my receiver, but still I much prefer being ready to go ahead of time than rushing.

Not to digress off topic too much theres a couple quick fixes for this issue... one is to run a short extension out of your RX box (if its in a box) so you can just add the transponder in and head out on your heat... also having permenantly affixed velcro on your car helps switching out the transponders with the previous/post racers... we also run the ILap at TBG and while we dont have any house transponders we switch out vehicles quite a bit... and those are the quick "fixes" for the issues...
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 pm

**or just buy a transponder from ILap or SnH...
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

Location : TC4,RCR18R, Losi JRXS-R ,vendetta, losi late model, slash platinum 4x4

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty WED/SUN START TIMES

Post  disruptor10 Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm

here we go

WED NIGHT START TIME IS 6:30 PM , SIGN UPS TILL 6:15 , IF YOUR GONNA BE LATE PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE IF U CAN , Target end time is 9:30 pm BE READY FOR YOUR RACES or u will miss it , we can not always be waiting it's not fair to those who are ready / on time , limit the classes u run if your always gonna be late

SUNDAY NIGHT START TIME IS 6:00PM ,SIGN UPS TILL 5:45 IF YOUR GONNA BE LATE PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE IF U CAN , TARGET END TIME IS 9:00 PM , AGAIN there will be no more than 3 minutes between races we will not wait , show must be timely , same as above FAIRNESS to those who are ready

our goal is to run a quik , fast and fun show and everyone has to work together to get there ,I will be starting the shows on time and Randy will take over when he gets there ,any questions please ask george , randy or myself thanks Dave Lareau
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty ttt

Post  disruptor10 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:44 pm

to the top
    RocketPunch
    RocketPunch
    Mini-Z

Post  RocketPunch Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 pm

disruptor10 wrote:here we go

WED NIGHT START TIME IS 6:30 PM , SIGN UPS TILL 6:15 , IF YOUR GONNA BE LATE PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE IF U CAN , Target end time is 9:30 pm BE READY FOR YOUR RACES or u will miss it , we can not always be waiting it's not fair to those who are ready / on time , limit the classes u run if your always gonna be late

SUNDAY NIGHT START TIME IS 6:00PM ,SIGN UPS TILL 5:45 IF YOUR GONNA BE LATE PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE IF U CAN , TARGET END TIME IS 9:00 PM , AGAIN there will be no more than 3 minutes between races we will not wait , show must be timely , same as above FAIRNESS to those who are ready

our goal is to run a quik , fast and fun show and everyone has to work together to get there ,I will be starting the shows on time and Randy will take over when he gets there ,any questions please ask george , randy or myself thanks Dave Lareau

You guys race 1:18 in addition to 1:10 on both nights right? Sorry I just learned about the place a few days ago, so I am a bit confused....

Thanks.
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty yes we do

Post  disruptor10 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 am

yes
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty 1st night new schedule

Post  disruptor10 Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 am

done by 9:15. good job
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

TUESDAY,WED AND SUNDAY night racin PLEASE READ  Empty wed 11-24

Post  disruptor10 Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:47 pm

turned out to be a practice nite , only 1 person wanted to race but we had fun , remember sunday start racing time is 6:30
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

Post  disruptor10 Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:52 pm

whos racing tomorrow night ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:56 am