RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+3
deathdealer
Enigma
Iceman
7 posters

Im looking at buying a street/drift car

Iceman

Im looking at buying a street/drift car Empty Im looking at buying a street/drift car

Post  Iceman Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Im looking at buying a street/drift car, buy not really sure what I should be looking at buying, as Im brand spanking new to the world of RC. Right now Im looking at a Thunder Tiger DX drift car, and wanted to just swap tires.

Id like to buy a RTR or have someone build me an electric car thats pretty fast, and easy to maintain(i.e.-doesnt break down easily/quickly).

I have a WHOLE LOT to learn, but am pretty mechanically inclined and a fast learner, so what Id really like is someone to teach me a little more than just the basics and can build a car together with me in the neighborhood of like $250+/-.

Any suggestions or volunteers?
    Enigma
    Enigma
    Admin

Im looking at buying a street/drift car Empty Re: Im looking at buying a street/drift car

Post  Enigma Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am

I would have to say the HPI drift car, its even in stock at Science & Hobby. Next time your in Science & Hobby, try to catch 4 The Pink Racing (Phil). His son is into drifting.

Either that or PM him. He may be able to arrange a chat so you can talk to him and figure out what car to buy. And some pointers.
    deathdealer
    deathdealer
    Micro-T

Im looking at buying a street/drift car Empty Re: Im looking at buying a street/drift car

Post  deathdealer Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:00 pm

hey i have an hpi sprint 2 and from my experince i have never broken anything expcept the time i have done somthing stupid and even then parts for the sprint 2 are pretty cheap and easy to work on
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:40 am

deathdealer wrote:hey i have an hpi sprint 2 and from my experince i have never broken anything expcept the time i have done somthing stupid and even then parts for the sprint 2 are pretty cheap and easy to work on

i ocassionally shred the rear belt(driving balls out ofcourse)...but i agree my sprint is awesome....good place to start with the drift version.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:07 am

First off welcome!

I too am new to the street car scene so while I wont be much "help" I can say that everything said above comes from people with vast knowledge in running pavement... I went with 2 AE TC4s and they seem so far as I build and change things to be pretty straight forward and fast. Wrenching on these cars isnt as daunting a task as you may think and once you tear one down once you will old hat at it... the big thing is the actual technical spec and setup...
    Juneholla24
    Juneholla24
    Micro-T

Post  Juneholla24 Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:26 am

Well I have 2 say, I had a blast lstnite w/ tha boys. Track racing, drag racing, & drifting
    all n 1 nite was nuts. So listen if u wanna great "RTR" on-road street, & drift that "Redcat"
    car is a good starter car w/ a low buy cost. Science & Hobby will have more n stock next
    week hopefully.
    Enigma
    Enigma
    Admin

Post  Enigma Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 am

orgnoi1 wrote:First off welcome!

I too am new to the street car scene so while I wont be much "help" I can say that everything said above comes from people with vast knowledge in running pavement... I went with 2 AE TC4s and they seem so far as I build and change things to be pretty straight forward and fast. Wrenching on these cars isnt as daunting a task as you may think and once you tear one down once you will old hat at it... the big thing is the actual technical spec and setup...

The TC4s and TC3s are both great cars that provide a little bit of adjust-ability. What I mean by this is, with a lot of the newer Touring Cars i.e. TC5, Cyclone, XRAY, etc. there are a lot of adjustments and tweaks and when put in the hands of a beginner you can and "tune" yourself right off the track. I will agree with orgnoi1, the TC4 is a great starter car, it has aftermarket, parts availability, easy set-up, easy to maintain, but most of all its SHAFT driven. When you are just getting into the on-road scene, shaft driven is the way to go. It has a lot more "bash" ability. Not to mention $229.00 for a ready-to-run car is not bad and there are a ton of them on ebay.
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Post  DaveESPI Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am

Feel free to stop into Science and Hobby and I'd be more than happy to show you the ins and outs of what you need to know about RC cars and the basics to get you up and running. You don't need a super high tech car to just go out and drive and have fun.

Sportsman class racing.... it's not about being first or last; just having a blast!
    Enigma
    Enigma
    Admin

Post  Enigma Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 pm

[quote="DaveESPI]Sportsman class racing.... it's not about being first or last; just having a blast![/quote]

Well said Dave, well said!!
    Juneholla24
    Juneholla24
    Micro-T

Im looking at buying a street/drift car Empty What's ur poison

Post  Juneholla24 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

So Iceman u know what car u wanna buy so far... Just read all
    the new posts every1's putting up. They r great cars 2 buy or
    great deals u can buy cars at... Well good luck w/ what ever u
    decide 2 get...
    •JuneHolla•

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:07 pm