RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

Project: Bulletproof Rustler

bigleobets
    Mini-Z

Project: Bulletproof Rustler Empty Project: Bulletproof Rustler

Post  bigleobets Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Okay, so my 10 yr old and I really enjoy our r/c cars. But this summer my 4 yr old decided he wanted a "big car like Daddy and Bubba". So what kind of car do you buy a 4 yr old? I found a very old and very used Traxxas Rustler. I picked it up for $40 on Craig's List it also included 2 batteries and a charger. Now to make it bulletproof for the 4 yr old. Here are some before pictures.
    [img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou13[/img
    [img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou14[/img]
    [img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou10[/img]
    [img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou11[/img]
    [img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou12[/img]
    bigleobets
    Mini-Z

Project: Bulletproof Rustler Empty Re: Project: Bulletproof Rustler

Post  bigleobets Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 am

So far I've replaced the suspension arms, front and rear, with blue RPM arms. Added a new blue RPM front bumper, RPM caster blocks, and a blue RPM gearbox cover. Also put really sharp looking RPM blue Clawz wheels on and slapped a set of PRO-LINE Holeshots outback. Then I got rid of that mechanical speed controller and put in a used Traxxas xl-5. Next I think some alum camber links and toe rods. A special thanks to Rob at Rob's Extreme RC for all his help and advice.[img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou17[/img][img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou18[/img][img]Project: Bulletproof Rustler Variou19[/img]

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm