RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+9
rtourge
disruptor10
savage308
Robs Extreme rc
deathdealer
brettweir78
DaveESPI
Enforcerman
RCH
13 posters

Road Course racing at RCH

RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 Empty Re: Road Course racing at RCH

Post  RCH Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 pm

I have deleted some older posts that were no longer necessary. Don't be offended if they were yours. There was nothing wrong with them. Just trying to clear up some space and make it easier to find information.

New threads have been started with rules for the SPEC touring class [url]http://www.rc518.org/t514-vintage-trans-am-pan-car-class-rules
    & Vintage Trans Am class
    [url]http://www.rc518.org/t517-spec-touring-car-rulesrc518-series

Sweep tires are back in stock again.
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Post  RCH Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

There has been some talk in previous posts about another touring car class. We will certainly run any class as long as there are at least a few guys(or girls) wanting to run it. Just need to know if you want it to be wide open/outlaw or with some limits on motor/battery/esc. Run Whatcha Brung?!

For those of you that like running the current SPEC class be assured that no changes are happening, at least for the rest of this season.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:04 pm

I second that. It was a great night of racing. The spec touring is still going strong. The big upset for the night was in the 17.5 touring class. Congrats to Dave Larue for winning the B main and getting the bump up to the A main. Then just to show everyone how its done he wins the A main as well. The Trans Am class had a good showing and looks like it will be getting larger soon. The Short Course trucks put on a good show for every one. I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Maybe if you are good santa will bring you some RC parts.,
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

Location : TC4,RCR18R, Losi JRXS-R ,vendetta, losi late model, slash platinum 4x4

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 Empty thanks Brett

Post  disruptor10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 pm

had an awesome time , always love racing at RCH
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 Empty 2011 POINTS SERIES @ RCH!

Post  RCH Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

2011 Points Series starts this Saturday!
    All weekly classes will be awarded points based on their finishing positions.
    At the end of the season, the top three in each class will receive awards.
    There will also be an SPEC Touring B level champion award for the racer who accumulates the most points from B or lower mains.

The point series will run from Saturday Jan. 8th to Sat. March 26th.
    12 weeks with two lowest scores dropped.

Exact awards will be determined, and will consist of Trophies, Plaques, merchandise or Hobby Shop gift certificates.

RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 Empty N.E.O.T. Postponed!

Post  RCH Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:04 pm

We have received a message from the NEOT organizer that the race at RCH on Feb 13 has been postponed and will be rescheduled in the near future.
    We will therefore run our full length event on Saturday night.
    rtourge
    rtourge
    Micro-T

Post  rtourge Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 am

Does anyone have a problem with me running a body like this? lol!

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 6
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am

I was thinking more along the lines of a body out of the " Death Race " movie.. Ya Know with working guns, missles, or tire spikes.
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:06 pm

I race the short corse class but watch all classes I belive that something needs to be done about the fact that people that are raceing in the mains need to be a little cleaner. I see people that are laps down and race for the first and second spots when they are in fourth or something. I think the rule that if you are laps down and a faster anything comes up behind you move out of there way. People are getting the cars broken because of laped cars and that is not fair to the wining people. That are some things that I have seen the past couple of weeks.
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Post  RCH Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:43 pm

That's correct. While it's may be more of a sportsmanship thing than an actual "rule", once you are down a lap, if you are not faster & making up ground, you should give the faster car room to pass. However the faster car should wait for the appropriate opportunity to make that pass, not just expect the slower car to go way out of his way immediately when you catch him. This is why we try to announce things like "Joe is the leader in the red car" etc. Sometimes it can be hard to keep track of. We'll try to pay closer attention and do a better job of this. Even more helpful is drivers communicating with each other on the driver's stand. Things like "Leader right behind you, a little room", or if you're about to be passed things like "go by after this corner, or "go low on the front stretch", can go a long way to cleaner racing.
    RCH
    RCH
    Micro-T

Post  RCH Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Scdriver wrote:i know what you mean about the right time to do it. but i have noticed that when someone says hey can you move over i am faster they dont and then run into the side of the other i think that something should be done about that like in the main they have to start in back instead of were they finished in the heat races due to unsportsman like conduct but thst is just my opinion because i fell bad for the same cars comeing of the track because they get taken out every race

Unfortunately it's not always possible to determine if it was on purpose or just lack of skill. Wink
    dirtbus3
    dirtbus3
    Mini-Z

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 Empty pit meeting

Post  dirtbus3 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:48 pm

hi ken let me start out by saying you have a great track and allot of good racing not every one at the track are not doing what they should i have a blast every week i think we should have a pit meeting every week to talk about what is going on that week we need to talk about lap cars and the right way to corner marshal and who's turn it is to do it i see a lot of people gust go sit down its not far for the guy that run more then one class to have to marshal and guys that run one class gust go sit down don't think I'm trying to tell you how to run your track your ding a great job gust putting this out to see what you think about a pit meeting every week maybe we can do it at 5:45 every week thank you
    Patrick mangini albino
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Is that an echo I hear lol.I have been saying that drivers meetings are something that is needed for awhile,a lot of things can be brought to the attention of the drivers that don't read this forum and I think a quick 10 min meeting would really help,I know some people show up late but most drivers should be able to attend.
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I think that a meeting would be nice but the thing is eveyone knows what they are suposed to do and they chose not to so I think that it might just be a wast of time and if it goes longer that cuts into raceing and rushes everything witch makes it not as much fun and people were already complaining that the night was lasting to long anyways
    deathdealer
    deathdealer
    Micro-T

Post  deathdealer Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

i understand what u guys are saying about if ur a lap down to let the faster guy by that doesnt mean pull over and let him by that means dont block him like u would if u were still on the same lap u just need to hold your line so the faster guy knows when he has an oportunity to pass cause nobody is going to get any better if u are always pulling over to let people pass pass is one of the hardest things to do clean and it get even harder if the guy in front slows down takes some weird line that he thinks is getting out of your way just for u to be trying to go around him and get hit the best thing to do is to drive the same line u do all race and let the faster guys pass when they can
    rtourge
    rtourge
    Micro-T

Post  rtourge Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Well I'm half way there... I just have to lower it some and figure out how to get kitty rugs mounted... lol!

Road Course racing at RCH - Page 2 188521_1861486102778_1409703072_2072958_5461759_n
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

You should run that saterday. lol!
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Everyone is getting the wrong idea it is laped cars for example if a car is four laps down they are takeing out the leader on the front streach. That is what is trying to be said
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:52 pm

One problem I see after looking thru all 6 pages is that there are only 13 different posters,one of which is the track owner and one being myself who is not a racer at RCH so that leaves 11 people commenting on this subject.After looking at the race results I see that there are more than 11 racers so either they don't want to comment or they don't read the forum and would not know there is a problem.Thats why maybe everyone needs to have a get together and discuss any problems they are having,nothing really gets solved on the forums.
    Harleyrider
    Harleyrider
    Micro-T

Post  Harleyrider Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm

I have said this many times and some people get mad but it's only a hobby and we are not making any money it's supposed to be for fun. You have to leave the track at the end of the night looking forward to the next race. There is a lot of different driving levels in each race up there unfortunately because with the lack of enough drivers these days there are not enough drivers to separate into novice and more experianced groups.I would like to think that no one is causing any accidents on purpose I think everyone has to be more patient,I know that it's hard when you are winning or going for TQ or a track record but remember it's a hobby and it's supposed to be fun and believe me I have had a lot of fun over the years and have won very little.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh boy here I go again. Rant mode"on" . I should start by saying Roy has a good point, this is a hobby. There are no pro drivers here. Nobody is making a living doing this. If you want the track to yourself you should show up on another night. If you want to race then you need to take the good with the bad. There will always be someone faster than you. There will also be slower drivers. Part of racing is learning how to pass and when. There are some drivers that still do not understand that you need to slow down and learn to drive before you win. If you are breaking every race then you need to either learn how to control the car better or learn how to fix it better. Spend sometime at pratice. Work on getting your lap counts up. We should be helping these people learn. I have the most fun when i am racing someone that is cloely matched. It makes for good racing both for the drivers and for those watching. Ok rant off. See you all sat.
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 pm

I would like to say that I am not mad at slower cars pepole passing me or race accidents the only thing i was upset about was LAPPED CARS who are 4 to 5 laps down racing the leader I just feel that lapped cars are racing lead lap cars to hard. In know way do belive that a lapped car should have to stop and get of the track just becouse there slower they have the same right to be on the track as a lead lap car its just frustrating when you lap a guy 4 times and 3 out fo 4 times the guy drives into your door I try to give anyone im passing or who is passing me the most room possible im not on trying to say im the best driver there and I know every thing I just see alot of frustation where it dosent need to be this is jake if any one dosent know my screen name i race the all white car in the spec class if any one wants to talk to me at the track im open for discusion.
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm

See this is what I wanted to happen this has been going on for weeks and no one has said anything to eachother so that is why I have opened my mouth so that everyone can now openly discuss this. Everyone at that track knows me and I don't think that you guys know who I am but I don't want it to seem like I am just doing this because it is happening Jake I see it happening to Anthony " the kid with the yellow mustang" remmeber rob u ran that body once. And some times I see bret getting hit right off the start and sometimes even on the turn on to the in field by other cars all the time. I feel people try to pass right there and they need to know that is NOT the spot to pass. And about the hobby thing it is and it is fun I know I have fun raceing with my family but if this happens to eveyone it is going to get so expencive that some people aren't going to be able to keep doing this.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Accidents happen, even to some of the best drivers. But driving beyond your ability and crashing into someone else is not an accident. As far as I am concerned if you blow over the rail and take out the car on the front stretch because you cant make the corner, it is on you to learn how to make the turn. I see some drivers make the same mistakes every lap of every race. That is what bothers me. I would rather they learn to drive better and beat me than have them hit my car head on every week.
    Scdriver
    Mini-Z

Post  Scdriver Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Bret I one hundred present agree with you on that one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 am