RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

2 posters

slash 4x4 rear center drive hub......exploded on me!

drebies
    drebies
    Slash

slash 4x4 rear center drive hub......exploded on me! Empty slash 4x4 rear center drive hub......exploded on me!

Post  drebies Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

i dropped a mamba monster in my slash and i took care to completely upgrade the driveline first...robinson racing gen 3 slipper...mip front center hub,and strc shaft...i think im good right?
    well i couldnt find a better rear center hub and thought that was wierd but when i rebuilt the section i realized the stock one was steel,im figuring im good......yea right..
    that rear center hub i blown to pieces right now.
    running just a 2cell lipo.....i only was lightly bashing it.
    i tightened the slipper all the way compressed and backed the nut out about a 1/4 of a turn.
    what do you guys think....just too much power period.
    or should i be running the slipper a little looser....
    i hope mip...or strc...someone who make quality stuff makes a rear center soon,or maybe someone does and i just missed it?
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

slash 4x4 rear center drive hub......exploded on me! Empty Re: slash 4x4 rear center drive hub......exploded on me!

Post  BallisticBeach Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 pm

S&H has a slipper from Hot Racing that should be able to handle that type of power... call them. :-)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am