RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+2
orgnoi1
drebies
6 posters

the best hobby shop...imo

drebies
    drebies
    Slash

the best hobby shop...imo Empty the best hobby shop...imo

Post  drebies Sun May 30, 2010 4:20 pm

science and hobby
    watervaliet,ny

indoor dirt oval...outdoor dirt track
    plans for an indoor rock crawler course...and talk of another carpet track.
    george and dave are awesome and take care of me extremely well....i recommend them highly.
    best prices,take trades...and lay-a-way!!!!
    i personally would not have half the collection i do if i wasnt able to pay a little at a time....im not sure if he does that for everybody...maybe

gotta get over to robs new place and check it out.....
    and hey man im still interested in business talk...just need to find the time.

racing city hobbies is convenient cause its down the street...
    but no trades...not too much in stock....and a little over priced,wich i understand...but i still try and support lhs's i run my own business too.
    indoor carpet oval...
    and i know everyone's opinion on the owners attitude but he is cool with me...and the son is cool....

those are the two i mainly go to...
    but we got Adirondack train and hobby....nothing for inventory there but the owner will order you anything and only wanna make a few bucks from you.
    competition hobby...havnt been there much its in lathem and they have outdoor tracks
    and hobby town...corporate...prices high on rtr's and kits...parts a little pricey...but not personal at all...if im gonna blow a grand at your shop i want a little attention....when people spend good money getting tattooed they have my full attention.

just my opinion...

Last edited by drebies on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

the best hobby shop...imo Empty Re: the best hobby shop...imo

Post  orgnoi1 Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head... although it IS good to see a few new business's spring up as well... I want to say specifically that I cant believe Hobby Town has even stayed in business this long with their practices... I *had* to go there because at one point I needed a spektrum rx that no one else had in stock... and they wanted to charge me over $10 more than the webprice from their OWN WEBSITE!! After I argued and almost decided to go without they changed their tune and gave it to me for that price but why should I even have to argue that...

George and Dave (and Dee back when she was there) have ALWAYS treated me really well so it keeps me coming back as much as I can... not only because of it being a good shop but its close and the atmosphere is fun... lots of good folks hanging out that are talking RC...
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pm

orgnoi1 wrote:I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head... although it IS good to see a few new business's spring up as well... I want to say specifically that I cant believe Hobby Town has even stayed in business this long with their practices... I *had* to go there because at one point I needed a spektrum rx that no one else had in stock... and they wanted to charge me over $10 more than the webprice from their OWN WEBSITE!! After I argued and almost decided to go without they changed their tune and gave it to me for that price but why should I even have to argue that...

George and Dave (and Dee back when she was there) have ALWAYS treated me really well so it keeps me coming back as much as I can... not only because of it being a good shop but its close and the atmosphere is fun... lots of good folks hanging out that are talking RC...

i totally forgot about dee...she was cool and fun...i always love chillin there
    nitrohobbiest
    Mini-Z

Post  nitrohobbiest Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 am

S n H is the place to go for me as well. The prices are so close to competitive web pricing that it feels even better to buy locally. My only gripe is the lack of knowledge on the more technical side of the hobby. I have a decent knowledge base when it comes to RC's so when I have a question about what to buy or what part will get me better performance, I usually get an unsatisfactory answer, honest, but unsatisfactory. I have learned to do the research on my own and then go there to buy the item I need. Sometimes when you go to a hobby store, you want to pick up a few things and talk "shop" with the owner and pick his/her brain on the latest RC's. There isn't always much pickin' to do there, unfortunately. But I do like the atmosphere and chipper service I get so I will still come back for more!
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:20 am

i 100% agree with you....
    RRazz4x4
    Mini-Z

Post  RRazz4x4 Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 am

me too science and hobby has always been the best when it comes to my purchases
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 pm

I have picked up a couple cars and some parts from them. They are always a joy to deal with. Just got a spectrum dx3r for less than i could find it for online. It sure does make buying local feel good. The fact that they have tracks onsite and parts and models in stock is awsome. Good for the need it now people like me.
    disruptor10
    Ultima RB6

Location : TC4,RCR18R, Losi JRXS-R ,vendetta, losi late model, slash platinum 4x4

the best hobby shop...imo Empty s n h

Post  disruptor10 Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:52 pm

s n h rulz !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm