RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+2
drebies
Livingston RC
6 posters

A wider Slash?

Livingston RC
    Livingston RC
    Mini-T

A wider Slash? Empty A wider Slash?

Post  Livingston RC Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm thinking about ways to give my Slash just a little more width. What are the best ways to do so? I've searched for A-arm extentions but haven't had much luck. I could get slightly wider tires which may provide some additonal grip too. I'm actually happy with the truck now but was thinking that "wider is better". Thoughts?
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

A wider Slash? Empty Re: A wider Slash?

Post  drebies Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm

i would think that extended arms on the short course truck would change them to pretty much stadium truck,or if 4wd a 1/10 truggy...i cant think of any companies that make this option part for any of the new sc trucks.
    wider tires...and extended hubs might be the best way to go until they make specific parts....or the other route is alot of these new truck have interchangeable parts...example on my sc 18...the arms are from a 18r...and the axle carriers are from the 18t....so try and mix and match parts and see what you come up with...
    Livingston RC
    Livingston RC
    Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm

drebies wrote:i would think that extended arms on the short course truck would change them to pretty much stadium truck,or if 4wd a 1/10 truggy...i cant think of any companies that make this option part for any of the new sc trucks.
    wider tires...and extended hubs might be the best way to go until they make specific parts....or the other route is alot of these new truck have interchangeable parts...example on my sc 18...the arms are from a 18r...and the axle carriers are from the 18t....so try and mix and match parts and see what you come up with...
    Interesting, thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to do some research into the difference between a stadium truck and what the Slash is. From some of the conversations out here on the forum, I've gathered there's a difference. On my way home from work today I just noticed that a company (rc-solutions.com) has some "Slash 4x4 Extended Arms - Now Available" so I'll have to check them out. Thanks again!
    Here's the link to those extended arms. http://shop.rc-solutions.com/Slash-4x4-Extended-Arm-Set-211.htm
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Livingston RC wrote:
    drebies wrote:i would think that extended arms on the short course truck would change them to pretty much stadium truck,or if 4wd a 1/10 truggy...i cant think of any companies that make this option part for any of the new sc trucks.
    Interesting, thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to do some research into the difference between a stadium truck and what the Slash is. From some of the conversations out here on the forum, I've gathered there's a difference. On my way home from work today I just noticed that a company (rc-solutions.com) has some "Slash 4x4 Extended Arms - Now Available" so I'll have to check them out. Thanks again!
    Here's the link to those extended arms. http://shop.rc-solutions.com/Slash-4x4-Extended-Arm-Set-211.htm

im gonna assume the difference is the scale of the body on the vehicle...and the type of tires...ect.
    cool thanks for the link i havnt looked around yet because i have yet to get the slash/slayer.. back.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Wow, that has got to be the ugliest slash I have ever seen. (LOL). I think as far as stadium truck vs slash you will find that the width is the same. The short course trucks just have a wider (more realistic) body. some of the SC trucks are closely related to the truggy/buggy from the same manufacturer. ex. SC10=RC10T4=RC10B4.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:17 am

it really all depends on how much wider you want... for example those a-arms are overall 1" wider which works out to be 1/2" for each side... since you are adjusting the angle of leverage on the suspension arm it will also change the suspension charactoristics and you may find you will have to stiffen up the suspension a bit...

another route to go on the 4x4 slash is to use the front AKA adaptors all the way around which adds about 1/2" of width overall... it also doesnt change the angles of the suspension as its adding only at the end of the pivot points... I have done this (by accident actually) on my 4x4 and there was a slightly noticable change in its ability in the cornering... it allows me to stiffen up the suspension to where I am comfortable with it jumping on our track but doesnt have nearly as much rollovers...

food for thought...
    ZZ top
    Mini-Z

Post  ZZ top Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:19 am

im not sure of your exact intensions with the width but i kno some guys are using front slash wheels all the way around on there slashs.... putting front wheels on the rear will give you a little more with and add some stability in the rough stuff....
    Livingston RC
    Livingston RC
    Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am

Great, thanks for all the input! I don't think I'll be going with the extended A-arms (that Slash was pretty ugly) but I'll try some of the other options and see how it goes!
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:01 pm

good luck, keep us all posted as to how it turns out.
    Livingston RC
    Livingston RC
    Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Will do!
    newgenrc racing
    newgenrc racing
    Micro-T

Post  newgenrc racing Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 am

check out the proline protrac kit it widens the suspension maintaing the same wheelbase, or you could just get sway bars
    Livingston RC
    Livingston RC
    Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:44 am

newgenrc racing wrote:check out the proline protrac kit it widens the suspension maintaing the same wheelbase, or you could just get sway bars

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into the Protrac kit. Sway bars came with mine though. They seem to work great. I just installed the traction control option last night and can't wait to see how it works. I'm not sure why all off road vehicles don't just come with it. I guess then you wouldn't spend the $$ to upgrade... Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am