RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

2 posters

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings

R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings

Post  R.A.D. Racing Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 am

So here is how everything finished up after our first week of points racing:

Week 1 Results (click to view results)

Please bare with me as I try to figure out how to best display the results on here. This is the best I could do for now. I am not good with computer stuff. lol

Here is how the points look after our first night of racing:

Week 1 Points (click to view)

There was a lot of great racing Sun night as well. TQ Lareau and I battling the clock to try and get that extra TQ point, Mike battling with E to take the B main win and move up to the A. Gary, Dave and Brian having some good racing moments in Sedan GT. Lots of great racing and I bet its only going to get better. Keep in mind to that we will have 1 to 2 drops this points season. Meaning that 1 or possibly 2 of your worst finishes will not be counted. So it should be great racing all the way through till March!! Talk to your friends, its not to late for them to start and race.
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Week 2

Post  R.A.D. Racing Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 am

So sorry for the delay but here are the standings/results after week 2:

Week 2 Results (click to view)

There is an additional race in there that was ran that night but not part of points racing so please do not be confused by it. There is only the 3 classes that we are running for the points season. You will also see that class in the points link to follow. I, not being computer savvy, have not figured out how I can remove them from our listing so until I do, please just ignore. So after 2 weeks of racing here is how the points look:

Week 2 Points (click to view)

It was another great night of racing with a lot of action going on. The track didn't quite have the bite it did the week before but the action was intense. Jeremy and Dave L. battled for the top TQ spot in 17.5 with Dave "TQ" Lareau beating Jeremy out pulling the same 32 laps, just 5 seconds faster. Dave continued his domination in 10th Scale Spec as well TQ'ing top dog again and laying down a blistering 6.908' lap. Only .006' slower then the current fast lap in 17.5 (also held by lareau).

It is only going to get better as we all start to adjust to this new layout and continue on into the points race. It's still anybodys to take. And keep in mind that there will be at least one drop which could make an impact on the overall points layout. It's going to get interesting. We're def off to a great start, let's keep it up!!!
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Week 3

Post  R.A.D. Racing Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 am

So here they are, week 3 results. Gary is showing how it's done in Sedan GT with a good lead in points but we still have at least 1 drop in the series that could bring around a difference in standings. Dave Lareau appears unstoppable in 17.5 as well. He's getting faster and faster....can anyone stop/challenge him? Here is how racing finished up:

Week 3 Results (click to view)

And, after the racing finished, here is how the points look:

Week 3 Points (click to view)
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Week 4

Post  R.A.D. Racing Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:10 am

So here we are at the halfway point in the season. Some great racing again this evening. Lot's of excitement and still improvement across the board from alot of racers. Everyone looks like they are getting used to this layout and finding the grove to get some speed and some incredible lap times. Tonight 2 out of the 3 classes got new fast laps; Dave "TQ" Lareau pulled a 6.635' lap in 17.5 and I managed to pull a 6.759' lap in 10th scale spec. The track was fast for sure with alot of bite and it showed. Here is how the night finished up

Week 4 Results (click to view)

Just as a heads up and a remainder there is NO racing next sun 2/6. This will give us a nice break at our halfway point in the season. So by all means enjoy your weekend and here is what the points look like at the halfway point. This update now includes 1 drop, so whatever your worse finish was is now dropped. Makes it interesting now.... Here they are:

Week 4 Points (click to view)
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty Standings after week 6

Post  R.A.D. Racing Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

My apologies to all for getting these out late and missing last weeks results. Got a little bit busy. But here we are. Lots of changes since the last updates. Big shifts moving round. Here is how last sunday finished up:

Week 6 Results (click to view)

Here is how the points are looking after week 6:

Week 6 Points (click to view)

Two weeks left to go. Should be some great action coming these last two weeks. Then, I believe a new layout is coming round the corner........
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty RC 518 Final Results for 2011 Winter Championship

Post  R.A.D. Racing Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:47 am

Hello All!!!
    First let me sincerly apologize for taking so long to get these results calculated and posted. Life just got a bit busy after the conclusion of the series and I got pulled away from completing the results. So, without further wait, here are the results of the RC 518 Winter Championships:

Sedan GT:

First: 702pts; Gary
    Second: 683pts; LJ
    Third: 479pts; Big "B"

Fastest Lap: Gary; 8.160'

10th Scale Spec:

First: 705pts; Randy
    Second: 582pts; Jason

Fastest Lap: Randy 6.759'

17.5 Rubber TC:

First: 693pts; Matt Trainer
    Second: 692pts; Randy
    Third: 674pts; Mike St. Denis

Fastest Lap: Randy 6.738'

And there you have it folks! That is how the top 3 ended up in each class. The others that raced in each of these classes did not meet the minimum 6 races out of 8 to qualify for the series. On a quick note, the way each of these totals was calculated includes 1 drop from the season, and points were recalculated for qualified racers. Those calculations took into consideration non-qualified racers placing a higher finishing position then qualified racers. So, in turn points were changed to correct where they actually finished against qualifed racers.

So, I hope all of you had alot of fun this season. I know I did for sure. My congrats go out to Gary taking the big win and to Matt "I don't think I can race the series because of work...." Trainer taking the victory by 1 point!!! Awesome job to each of you guys. And as for everyone else, I think you all have done a great job at improving your driving skills since we started. Lap times and results will show it too. I know there is a lot that can be improved on my end in keeping things organized and timely along with a few others things. But I appreciate your patience with me as we walked this road together. So again, I thank you all very much for a great season of carpet racing at Science and Hobby and I hope we can continue something like this in the future.

I still need to talk with George at Science and Hobby to get the trophies made and figure out maybe an awards night to finalize the end of the season. So please do not drive him crazy or ask a ton of questions because he will not know any answers for you. I am going to try to get together with him within the next couple of days to work on finalizing everything. I will post info here and be sure to have the word spread down there as to when we will have our awards night.

On a quick side note I would like to give a persoanl thank you to Dave "TQ" Lareau for his help in keeping me on track this season and his willingness to help me out more ways then I can count. In addition I would like to pass that same thank you on to Mike St. Denis for his help on the mic as well as all of his efforts in keeping the track in good condition. Last but not least I would like to thank Jeremy Baye for all of his thoughts shared and his help with all of RC518 racing that we have done so far. You guys have been a huge help to me so thank you again.

And of course the big Thank You goes to George and all his staff at Science and Hobby for letting us use his facility to hold these racing events. I thank you for all your understanding and your efforts for trying to get a solid foundation for serious racing that hopefully will continue to grow in the area.

I look forward to seeing all of you in the future again soon.
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty Re: 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings

Post  xanthra Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Thank you for all your time and efforts, Randy! It was a blast and I can't wait for next season : )

Sponsored content

2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings Empty Re: 2011 Winter Championship Results/Standings

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm