RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

+3
brettweir78
Enforcerman
Robs Extreme rc
7 posters

EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE)

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Empty EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE)

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Here it is.
    I want to have a test and tune session the first Sunday in May weather permitting.

Classes will be as follows :

Spec Touring :

Any 1/10th scale touring car
    Any touring car body
    Sweep Racing tires (may be mounted on any 24mm wheel)
    Venom lipo 30c max
    Reedy radon motor

Brushless Touring :

Any 1/10th scale touring car
    Any touring car body
    Any brushless system down to 10.5 turn
    Sweep Racing tires (may be mounted on any 24mm wheel)
    Open battery

Spec ABC Hobby Goose 2wd touring :

Body rule (see Goose chase thread)
    Venom Fireball 21T double motor
    Sweep Racing Mini Sweeps or Stock ABC Hobby Tires
    Any 2s Lipo 50c max

Nitro Touring :

Any 1/10th scale nitro touring car
    Any touring car body
    Sweep Racing Tires (may be mounted on any 24mm wheel)
    Motor limit (3.3 / .18)max

If you want another class contact me And we can set up rules accordingly.

Transponders are for sale At my store for $38.00. They can Be used at Sceince&Hobby, The new Cat Box Off road track (I believe). They will also be supplied at the track.

Race dates will be Sunday afternoons 2:00pm Sign up 3:00pm start.

Entry fee will be $6.00 first class $2.00 for additional class.

This will be a 12 week points series Sponsored by Robs Extreme Rc, Sweep racing, Venom, and ABC Hobby. This means there will be prizes for all classes.

We will Have a drivers meeting the first week of points racing to go over everyones expectations.

I hope to hear from everyone very soon.

Thanks
    Rob

Enforcerman
    RedCat

EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Empty Re: EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE)

Post  Enforcerman Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Count me in; I'll be there with my Goose
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Empty Re: EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE)

Post  Robs Extreme rc Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:40 am

Looks like the weather will be on our side. Test and Tune day Sunday May 1st 3:00pm Kmart parking lot. I will have the scoring system setup so you can see your lap times.

Let me know what your running so I can have parts on hand.

See you all there.
    Rob
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sun May 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks to the guys that showed up today for your patience. We are hoping to remedy the moving curbs and a couple members are making up new layout design choices. THE NEXT RACE DATE AND THE START OF OUR POINTS SEASON WILL BE SUNDAY MAY 15TH. AS MAY 8TH IS MOTHERS DAY. I beleive in 2 weeks the temp should be more consistant which will make tuning the cars a little easier. Again thanks for your patience and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Rob
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Mon May 02, 2011 12:27 am

Here are some ideas I came up with for track layouts. Sorry for the hack way of posting them but technology was fighting me tonight.
    EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) 101
    EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) 100
    EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) 0982
    EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) 099
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 pm

I like them all Brett; good job!!
    DBMach1
    Mini-Z

Post  DBMach1 Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Bret, the courses look good! I like the third one as it looks a bit more open which would be good for the nitro cars.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I like all of them as well. The third is a lot more open. It should be good for the nitros but may be a little easy for the 10th scale touring cars. I hope some more people voice an opinion. We can allways make some adjustments when a track is set up.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 pm

I talked with Randy and Rob today. Randy had drawn up so real nice tracks too. Hopefully he will get them posted soon.
    DBMach1
    Mini-Z

Post  DBMach1 Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

I saw the proposed tracks at Rob's today and they look good but very technical. I think we need to be realistic and have a track that we can race on whether it's a nitro or a 1/12th car like the Goose. We need something with sweeping curves. I don't know of any real race track that only has 90 degree or hairpin turns. Does anybody have an idea for something with more sweeping turns?
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 pm

I agree, we don't need a super twisty "mickey mouse" layout with one ninety degree corner after another; that does not make for good racing. If any of you have ever been to Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Road America, Laguna Seca, the old Riverside, CA track, etc., you will see that a true roadcourse has a mix of fast sweepers and technical sections and they always have a straight section. The track "flows"; it is not a drag race from one ninety degree corner to another. Where did this idea come from that we have to cram in all these tight turns and make it super twisty anyway?

The rc tracks in Europe and California and Florida are the fast flowing roadcourses with the mix of fast sweepers and technical sections; and the result is great racing!

We need to get away from this idea of cramming as many turns as possible into the 40'x80' space; it does not make for good racing!!

I will be working on drawing up some proper road course layouts for consideration. In the meantime, Brett's #3 design is the best of the current lot, however it lacks a proper straight section.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 am

The first trackI posted is really my favorite. The third post is my second choice. The first track has only 2 hairpins and only one of them is tight. The rest of the track is pretty free flowing with some 90 deg turns and an S turn section. We still have a week before we start racing so please post up some other ideas for us all to see.
    brettweir78
    brettweir78
    8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 Sat May 07, 2011 1:48 am

I just looked over the 4th track again and I think if a few small changes are made it could be a very free flowing layout. If you shorten the barriers on a few sections the hairpins become sweepers. I will redraw it tomorrow. Please keep in mind that the same track will be used by the 1/10 scale touring cars wick will prefer a more technical track. I have never run a nitro car so I am unsure of their capabilities or limitations.
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I just saw a commercial on TV that says there will be a big car sale all next weekend, including Sunday the 15th, at the KMart parking lot; Vehicle Liquidators, I think; usually Nemer is involved. Since they always use the same area that we race on, we will need to use a different section of the parking lot.
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm

We will set up on the opposite side of the parking lot for this weekend
    DBMach1
    Mini-Z

Post  DBMach1 Sat May 07, 2011 11:36 pm

brettweir78 wrote:The first trackI posted is really my favorite. The third post is my second choice. The first track has only 2 hairpins and only one of them is tight. The rest of the track is pretty free flowing with some 90 deg turns and an S turn section. We still have a week before we start racing so please post up some other ideas for us all to see.

The nitro cars have alot of speed but they are heavier so they need room to turn. They remind me of the Goose cars like that.

Rob: outdoor tracks are meant to be bigger. Can we add some length or width? Take a look at the HPI challenge tracks when they were running road courses (RC Madness had a great track).

We can change the track if different classes like to run a particular type of course. How about changing the track for 4wd if they like the tight layouts? Nothing sayd we can't have a different track for nitro and the Goose? Or run oval for nitro. Heck the way the Goose is operating right now, we probably should be running oval for the Goose cars.

Just some thoughts to add some fun to the racing.
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Empty Asphalt layouts

Post  R.A.D. Racing Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

So here are pics of some layouts I drew up. As for statements that some have commented on about all the 90 degree turns they all can easily be changed to 45's. The reason as to why I had them that way if you saw the drawings is because it was all to scale and currently with the materials that Rob has been able to get his hands on it is very difficult to create a rounded edge for a barrier wall. In addition there are no "tight" turns. The entire track layout keeps an 8' lane width and 10' wide straight sections. These tracks are mainly based as beginner, intermediate and advanced. Again, these are just options, my 2 cents if you will. Just keep in mind it's going to be very difficult to have a track layout that will work efficiently for nitro, 10th scale and 1/12th scale... This is simple layout:EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Beginn10
    Here is intermediate:EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Interm10 Here is the advanced:EXTREME ASPHALT SERIES (CLASSES AND RULES AND DATE) Advanc10 These were drawn up in paint so they are not to scale but they are able to give you a better visual then the graph drawings. I will continue to work on some other ideas as well. Let us know what you think
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Sun May 08, 2011 1:14 am

R.A.D.Racing, I like those layouts you drew. They do seem to have a good "flow" to them, with a good mix of different type corners and straights. These are the best I've seen so far, and more like what I was looking for!

Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Tue May 10, 2011 8:28 am

It has come to my attention a few people were asking for a mock race daybefore points are actually awarded. This is fine by me. It will get everyone one week on the track.
    Enforcerman
    RedCat

Post  Enforcerman Tue May 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Sounds like an excellent idea Rob
    DBMach1
    Mini-Z

Post  DBMach1 Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 am

Oval course for Nitro? Seems like that might be the best way to run nitro cars. You could also have a wide, sweeping turn through the infield to have a bit more variety and turns going both ways. I like the idea of a big U-turn type extension throught the infield but oval is good too. Thoughts?
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Mon May 16, 2011 5:21 pm

if it keeps raing like this we might have to add racing boats to the program Laughing
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Sun May 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I want to thank everyone for bearing with me while we worked out the bugs in the scoring system. A big thank you to Brett for the help with the scoring system. I think we will have plenty of time for three heats and a main next week when we can get started on time. Congrats to Ryan T. for winning the Goose opener and to Peter L. for winning the spec touring opener. Results and pics will be posted on the website later this week.

Rob
    Robs Extreme rc
    Robs Extreme rc
    SCTE

Post  Robs Extreme rc Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 pm

WHO IS RACING THIS WEEKEND? I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE PLANS FOR THE HOLIDAY. EITHER LET ME KNOW HERE OR CALL ME AT THE STORE.

THANKS
    ROB
    axialcrawler
    axialcrawler
    Mini-T

Post  axialcrawler Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 am

i will be there if it does not rain. did the parts for my car come in or the sc tires

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am