RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

3 posters

S&H carpet, road rail to click track change?

dirty petcock
    dirty petcock
    Mini-T

S&H carpet, road rail to click track change? Empty S&H carpet, road rail to click track change?

Post  dirty petcock Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

what are people's thought on ditching the road rails for the carpet and getting crc click track? http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=12
    I think the $1330 package will do us nice. It works better because it's not a jump when you hit it, plus it looks way more official. Also any thoughts on a drivers stand? We are at a point now where the group has thinned out a bit but it's still a pretty hardcore bunch of guys. All of us really need to get on the ball and bring our friends! We need more guys racing, Have your friends take a few laps with your car, offer other R/C guys the chance to try your car. Think about how much fun we had when the group was twice the size, lets make it happen! 40 guys on a Sunday is not out of the question. I'm not saying I want to pay for it alone, but we really should figure out a way to pay for it. do a 50/50 every week, sell cookies/pot brownies etc.. offer up our used stuff for the hobby shop to sell anything we can do to raise money for the track would be great!
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

S&H carpet, road rail to click track change? Empty Re: S&H carpet, road rail to click track change?

Post  xanthra Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:19 pm

dirty petcock wrote:I think the $1330 package will do us nice.

Ouch! With Tax and shipping that's probably more like $1500. If the "hardcore bunch" is 10 guys that's $150 each. We could each get another car, bring a buddy to the track, and have a lot more fun. http://cgi.ebay.com/Redcat-Lightning-EPX-Drift-Elect-4wd-Remote-Control-Car-/280612095347?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item4155c8c573.

PS. I think the road rail is just fine.

dirty petcock
    dirty petcock
    Mini-T

S&H carpet, road rail to click track change? Empty Re: S&H carpet, road rail to click track change?

Post  dirty petcock Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 am

No tax, and crc is just outside Utica, but you are right it is a lot if money..
    R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

Post  R.A.D. Racing Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 am

I think it is definately worth looking into options as to how we could try to afford to do it. Yes, it is alot of money but it would provide a better/safer layout and give us some different track layout options as well. The road rails work but are not that effective at preventing possible car carnage by allowing cars to jump into possible head on traffic. Last night there was a vicious head on collision because of this. Amazingly neither car actually broke anything but it did effect racing and could have been completely avoided with this better system. In addition, cars won't jump off corner markers (or rails for that matter) anymore. This could save from alot of broken parts and be safer for marshalls and spectators.

As for the drivers stand I do believe that Wayne was going to build pedestals for us to stand on that were going to be put at the end of the track by the outside door/wall. I know it is not the ideal place for the stands to be put but do to the layout of the store and with how there still needs to be a safe and clear walkway all the way around the track our options are really limited. I know its awkward to drive from the end of a track but I find it gives me a good view overall and it works. Would I prefer side track position, yes, but it really isnt that bad to drive from the end. I can try to follow up with how that is coming along on wed.

Jeremy, I think all those ideas you mentioned are what we really need to try and do. I think they are great ideas and it may take us some time but in the end I think it will def be worth whatever effort, time and money we decide to share/donate in the end. I'll see what I can try to do for raffles and stuff or 50/50 options on race nights. That and the other key thing that you mentioned in getting more people racing!! If we can get back to where we were over the summer and when we first moved indoors, it really makes a difference. If we can get enough people racing, George might be more inclined to work with us to try and get in the new system. But my vote goes with your thoughts, I think its a great idea.
    xanthra
    xanthra
    Mini-T

Post  xanthra Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:06 am

I like the idea too, but I'm cheap : (
    I'll bet we could use this stuff and come pretty close for a lot less money.
    http://www.usphome.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=74475&catid=1086
    We could just buy a few sections and try it out to see if it'll prevent cars from jumping over into the back straight. What do you guys think?

PS. I say we get some of this stuff *AND* buy Redcats : )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm