RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

5 posters

Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller!

BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller! Empty Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller!

Post  BallisticBeach Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Check out this really cool Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUSmKAvHyEk
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller! Empty Re: Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller!

Post  DaveESPI Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 am

PlastiDip is not heat resistant. if that ESC gets too hot, it will cause the plastic dip to soften and peal back away from the heatsink.

The better thing to do is to encase it in 5 minute marine resin epoxy and that will totaly seal it and no need to be concerned for leaks.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller! Empty Re: Waterproof your Mamba Monster Max Speed Controller!

Post  orgnoi1 Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Honestly while its fun to run in the mud and water I wouldnt bother with waterproofing either of my MM escs... I really bash hard... but within the constraints set by the manufacturer on the electronics... I wouldnt want to risk the chance of killing a $100 ESC by hoping I waterproofed it well enough...
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

Post  drebies Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

orgnoi1 wrote:Honestly while its fun to run in the mud and water I wouldnt bother with waterproofing either of my MM escs... I really bash hard... but within the constraints set by the manufacturer on the electronics... I wouldnt want to risk the chance of killing a $100 ESC by hoping I waterproofed it well enough...

i agree...if its not waterproof...i dont wanna risk smoking out a 100$ esc
    if power is the issue look into kershaw designs....stupid strong brushed engines that run the 16.8 waterproof esc from traxxas...none of my brushless see water.
    newgenrc racing
    newgenrc racing
    Micro-T

Post  newgenrc racing Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 am

ya at that price i would just buy a junky esc on ebay and waterproof that, then use the same motor

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm