RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

2 posters

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

drebies
    drebies
    Slash

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it.... Empty building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

Post  drebies Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 am

ive been working on my slash 4x4 for a few weeks now...i picked up the new magazine with short course special...and it has a slash 4x4 build called the van phallen...the truck is painted like eddie van halens guitar....anyway i was reading thru the list of parts and besides the electronics i was building this exact same truck.
    i have already installed all the rpm parts....and i ordered about 250$ worth of strc aluminum parts....and yes strc is quality aluminum....believe me i checked.
    robinson racing slipper clutch...mip cvd's
    i also scored this...check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160464682663&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i thought it was pretty awesome looking especially with the gun metal bellcrank on the way....but will certainly protect and give more support....fun stuff
    i will be putting up pics as soon as i get the parts in the mail....and i have an exotek mini t build underway....so much to do....soooo little time
    oh and hpi mini trophy...and both new micros from losi our coming my way in the next few weeks....
    boost 518
    Mini-Z

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it.... Empty Re: building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

Post  boost 518 Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:33 am

that will look pretty cool dre. i want to get a hpi blitz as my short course truck and put all kind of parts into it. its going to look bad ass when i get all done with it.
    drebies
    drebies
    Slash

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it.... Empty Re: building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

Post  drebies Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

i have pics coming soon....here is a list of parts so far.
    proline-power stroke shocks,bedlockers,trenchers
    rpm-f/r arms,f/r bumbers,mudflaps..
    strc-shock towers,main drive shaft,bellcrank,motor mount,and plate,f/r axle carries,steering hubs.
    robinson racing-gen 3 slipper
    mip- front center drive hub,cvd's on the way
    lungsford-titanium linkage,and pins
    custom front chassis brace
    mamba monster 2650 motor/esc
    2 or 3 cell lipos....need a battery extender thing to mount a 3s
    i might be missing something here and there
    this thing is suhweet.....
    just need my hbz roll cage in black....and rear skid,and f/r diff cases in aluminum someone needs to make em soon....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am