RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

2 posters

Scoring System has arrived!!

R.A.D. Racing
    R.A.D. Racing
    Mini-Z

Scoring System has arrived!! Empty Scoring System has arrived!!

Post  R.A.D. Racing Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:47 am

Ok guys (and gals) the scoring system arrived friday and I have been playing around with it quite a bit to get familiar with it. I'm feeling pretty comfortable and I plan on trying it out this Sunday (8th). I only ask a few things from all of you.

Please keep in mind that this is new to all of us. Yes, I have been racing for quite some time but I have never been the race director, just the racer. So please be patient with me and the system until we all have become familiar with it and how it operates.

I know this will help solve alot of questions and disappoints when it came to the individual counting system. I have played with it here and it seems just as accurate of a scoring system as an AMB unit, just in a different way.

I have to work tomorrow until 6pm and I am heading down to Sam's as soon as I can get out. When I get there and get set up I will need each of you that plan on racing to see me one at a time so I can enter your info into the system. Once I have you saved, I will not need to get your info each week, I will just need to know what classes you will be racing in. Again, please have patience as I get to learn the system better and how to provide all of us a better racing experience.

I have 10 transponders that I ordered with the system, I expect to have 10 transponders at the end of the night. Not that I think anyone would intentially take one, its just very easy to forget about them when the night is over. Please be sure that after you finish your race the first place you go is to return your transponder to me. If any of you are interested in purchasing your own that is fine, just see me first so I can give you the correct info so that you purchase one that is compatable with this system. This entire system I purchased out of my own pocket, there is no "club" money that went into this. Please be respectful of the system and it's owner.

When each of you come to me so I can enter your info into the system I need you to bring your car with you so we can find a mounting spot for the transponder. I will have velcro with me to do this. In an effort to save time if you have a mounting spot that is available located BELOW A WINDOW in your body, whether front or rear, you can place a strip of velcro there. You need to use the plastic part of the velcro that bites in, not the fuzzy fabric side. All the transponders I have gone through and put the fuzzy side of the velcro on them. If you are unsure just wait until Sunday night and I can help you find a spot. These units are not RF frequency, they utilize infrared light to send the signal to the receiver. It needs to have a clear line of sight up to the receiver.

Lastly, I work almost all day tomorrow so if you have any questions please do not expect an answer here through the forum throughout the day tomorrow. I will not be able to access the forum for the day. I am more than happy and willing to answer any questions that you have to the best of my ability. Just save them for tomorrow night and I will do my best to answer them and help any of you out.

So I hope all of you are as excited as I am about this system and look forward to another fun filled night of racing with you guys!!!!

See you all tomorrow night!!

Randy

newgenrc racing
    newgenrc racing
    Micro-T

Scoring System has arrived!! Empty mini z track

Post  newgenrc racing Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:16 pm

want a mini z track from rcp

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm