RC518.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

4 posters

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be!

BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! Empty RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be!

Post  BallisticBeach Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 pm

If you are like me, you keep having problems with the RPM Front Bumper, because it only uses 3 set screws on the bottom of the front Differential. The problem is they keep stripping out the Diff Housing. RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1067

Here is what I did, and havent had any problems since!!!

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1051

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1055

Remove front Bumper

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1056

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1059

Replace front Diff Housing.

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1033
    Modify front bumper, using two bottom holes on mount to go into two top holes, dropping bumper about 1/2 inch. allowing brace to reach. used dremmel to cut it down.

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1068

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1069

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! DSCF1070

Mounted the stock mounts for additional support, using pieces from stock bumper that I cut out.

BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! Empty Re: RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be!

Post  BallisticBeach Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 am

Okay, so I sent my suggestions to RPM.... Here is their reply!!!

Dear Mr. Joshua Beach,
    Thank you for your suggestions. However, if I remember correctly, you are the same person that likes to jump your Slash 20 - 25 feet in the air at the local BMX track. :) Our products are not designed to take that kind of abuse (even though in most cases they will). They are designed for more "normal" usage and when used in the correct frame of reference, they work perfectly. We have sold literally thousands of those bumpers and you are the only person to ever contact us with stripping issues. I am sorry to hear that they aren't holding in the screw holes as you would like them to but if the modifications you made work, that's great news. Unfortunately, because it is not a wide-spread problem and only a localized issue (most likely not within the scope of how the RPM parts are designed), the costs involved in completely re-tooling to make your suggested changes simply cannot be warranted. I hope you understand our position on this subject.
    Take care and if there is anything more I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! Empty Re: RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be!

Post  orgnoi1 Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 pm

BallisticBeach wrote:Okay, so I sent my suggestions to RPM.... Here is their reply!!!

Dear Mr. Joshua Beach,
    Thank you for your suggestions. However, if I remember correctly, you are the same person that likes to jump your Slash 20 - 25 feet in the air at the local BMX track. :) Our products are not designed to take that kind of abuse (even though in most cases they will). They are designed for more "normal" usage and when used in the correct frame of reference, they work perfectly. We have sold literally thousands of those bumpers and you are the only person to ever contact us with stripping issues. I am sorry to hear that they aren't holding in the screw holes as you would like them to but if the modifications you made work, that's great news. Unfortunately, because it is not a wide-spread problem and only a localized issue (most likely not within the scope of how the RPM parts are designed), the costs involved in completely re-tooling to make your suggested changes simply cannot be warranted. I hope you understand our position on this subject.
    Take care and if there is anything more I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

hahahahhahaahh BUSTED Josh!!!
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:18 pm

LOL

Whatever... I only went to the BMX track 3 times... and the stupid bumper broke several times at Science and Hobby... Never had any problems with the stock bumper breaking! Laughing anyways, I did my part, apparently Im the "Only One" that has had this problem!!! (BS!) I know Ken had problems with his SC10 front bumper too!~ along with several other guys ive seen at SnH. Whatever... Mine is fixed, Better Than New~!

8)
    orgnoi1
    orgnoi1
    MP9

Post  orgnoi1 Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 pm

BallisticBeach wrote:LOL

Whatever... I only went to the BMX track 3 times... and the stupid bumper broke several times at Science and Hobby... Never had any problems with the stock bumper breaking! Laughing anyways, I did my part, apparently Im the "Only One" that has had this problem!!! (BS!) I know Ken had problems with his SC10 front bumper too!~ along with several other guys ive seen at SnH. Whatever... Mine is fixed, Better Than New~!

8)

its actually the reason I never changed mine... I like the stocker for the 4x4 and on the 2wd its the same situation but never an issue... less mount points and still much stronger... we can just blame it on your 3S 👅
    DaveESPI
    DaveESPI
    Ultima RB6

Post  DaveESPI Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 am

Dear Mr. Joshua Beach,
    Thank you for your suggestions. However, if I remember correctly, you are the same person that likes to jump your Slash 20 - 25 feet in the air at the local BMX track. Our products are not designed to take that kind of abuse (even though in most cases they will). They are designed for more "normal" usage and when used in the correct frame of reference, they work perfectly.

thanksfor the new Sig quote:)
    hahaha

teh aw3sum3
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am

I dont have a 3S Anymore...... LOL

Ask Dave about it!!! all 3 of them - DONE!
    newgenrc racing
    newgenrc racing
    Micro-T

RPM Front Bumper for Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Customized, the way it should be! Empty ok so basically here is what rpm said

Post  newgenrc racing Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 pm

ya your insane, F*** our warrenty. and how did you clear 25 vertical and how did they find out, and maybe its time to clean the danm truck, seriously,
    BallisticBeach
    BallisticBeach
    Ultima RB6

Post  BallisticBeach Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 am

They saw my youtube video... and the truck was muddy, because i was running,and the track was muddy... it is always clean when I am done running..

:-)
    newgenrc racing
    newgenrc racing
    Micro-T

Post  newgenrc racing Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 pm

BallisticBeach wrote:They saw my youtube video... and the truck was muddy, because i was running,and the track was muddy... it is always clean when I am done running..

:-)

ya i dont run it in mud, cause of the mamba max pro esc, and all the bearings, plus i cant hose it down, so ya

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm